There are several sources of advice for businesses in Northern Ireland wanting to prepare for the UK leaving the European Union.
Invest Northern Ireland
The Invest Northern Ireland information resource for Brexit aims to help businesses reduce the potential risks and maximise opportunities available.
The online service offers advice and support through information guides, as well as, tools, case studies and online tutorials. It highlights the support available from Invest NI to help local businesses plan ahead.
The Brexit Advisory Service provides a range of free services to help local businesses deal with the changes that Brexit poses. InterTradeIreland can provide advice and guidance on Brexit-related issues as well as updates as Brexit progresses. There is guidance to help businesses with Brexit planning as well as highlighting upcoming events that businesses can attend to gain further insight.
InterTradeIreland also offers Brexit readiness vouchers to help businesses navigate their way through Brexit. The vouchers offer 100 per cent financial support up to £2000/€2250 (inclusive of VAT) towards professional advice in relation to Brexit matters. This support can help your business get advice on specific issues such as the movement of labour, goods, services and currency management.
Brexit trade-related consultations
Consultations offer an opportunity to comment on policy and issues that relate to your business. Find Brexit trade consultations from government departments:
Know your legal responsibilities
- Do you need a licence?
- Get the right business insurance
- Comply with the law when providing goods and services
- Know your customers' rights
- Distance and online selling rules
- Understand pricing legislation
- Buying goods from outside NI
- Selling goods outside NI
- GDPR compliance checklist
- Pay your business rates
- Understand staff contracts and your responsibilities
- Taking on contractors and subcontractors
- What you need to do about health and safety
- Know your legal obligations on pensions
Understand tax and VAT
Sell and market your products or services