COVID-19 Charities Fund | NI only
A second phase of the COVID-19 Charities Fund opened on 6 January 2021
To be eligible, charities must:
- be established prior to 31 March 2020
- be a lawfully operating charity as defined by the Charities Act (NI) 2008
- have at least two unrelated people on its board or committee
- have a UK bank or building society account in the legal name of the charity with at least two unrelated people who can manage the account
- have been financially stable prior to the impact of COVID-19
- be able to demonstrate that fundraising or trading income has reduced due to the impact of COVID -19
- be unable to meet unavoidable costs up to 31 March 2021
- have unavoidable costs that cannot be covered by existing grants or public funding
Who cannot apply?
- Community Amateur Sports Club
- Community Interest Company
- Non charitable social enterprise
- Non charitable trading arm
Applications to the second phase of the COVID-19 Charities Fund will open on 6 January 2021.
Businesses are urged to collect the necessary information and prepare their application ahead of the fund opening. Funding up to £75,000 per organisation will be available.
Previous applicants and awardees will be able to apply in recognition that the support applied to a different six month period. Charities which were previously ineligible due to having received other COVID-19 support funding may also be able to apply.
The deadline for applications is 4pm on Friday 22 January 2021.
- Department for Communities (DfC)