COVID-19 Equity Investment Fund | NI only
Equity investment or convertible loan notes of up to a maximum of £700,000 for technology and innovative businesses
You can apply for the COVID-19 Equity Investment Fund (CEIF) if you are an early stage high-growth potential businesses and:
- The majority of your business operation is based in Northern Ireland.
- Your business is an unlisted small and medium-sized business (SME) operating in a market for less than seven years following the first commercial sale.
- Your business was not in financial difficulty or subject to insolvency procedures at 31 December 2019, but is adversely impacted by COVID-19, including its ability to raise financing.
- You can quantify the impact CEIF support will have on your business such as research and development into new products and/or helping you access new sales and marketing opportunities.
- You can demonstrate your business has innovative technology, a significant international market opportunity, export growth prospects, credible promoters and a scalable business model.
- You can demonstrate how the funding will increase the value of your business and outline potential exit opportunities.
- You have already sourced investment from other funding sources, including institutional investors, private investors, the Future Fund and Invest NI's Access to Finance funds, but still have a shortfall in what you need to achieve your business plan.
CEIF supports technology and innovative businesses with a focus on the following sectors:
- advance manufacturing, materials and engineering, including materials handling
- digital and creative technologies
- life and health sciences
- cyber security
- precision medicine
- big data, internet of things and analytics
How to apply
Existing Invest Northern Ireland (Invest NI) customers should contact their Client Executive.
If you are not an Invest NI customer, you should use the enquiry form to contact the CEIF Team at Invest NI.
Find detailed COVID-19 Equity Investment Fund guidance notes (PDF, 410K).
All legal documentation must be completed by 12 noon on 31 December 2020.
- Invest Northern Ireland