Support for new product/service development or process improvement through knowledge and technology transfer partnerships between industry and academic institutions.
Businesses must be:
- a manufacturing or tradable services company
- located on the island of Ireland (north or south)
- financially viable with a two year trading history
- able to demonstrate the need for InterTradeIreland FUSION technical support
- able to demonstrate the capacity and commitment to support a FUSION project at senior management level
FUSION provides support by helping to fund a high calibre science, engineering or technology graduate and partnering businesses with a third level institution. The graduate is employed by you and based in your company throughout the project lasting 12 to 18 months. Mentoring is provided by the academic partner and an InterTradeIreland FUSION consultant.
The funding available is:
- 18 month support package - worth up to £56,000/€67,900 typically in the area of new product/service development or
- 12 month support project - worth £39,000/€47,400 typically in the area of process improvement