Funding support for the delivery of NI international tourism events taking place between 1 April 2020 and 31 March 2021.
Events must satisfy the following requirements to apply for the International Tourism Events Fund:
- Maximum funding of 50 per cent of eligible costs for private, public and voluntary sector events.
- Total visitor numbers greater than 5,000.
- An aimed return on investment of 5:1.
- A positive media matrix assessment for events where media exposure is a central driver.
- Funding request greater than £30,000.
- Events must have a minimum income of £150,000 through ticket sales.
- private sponsorship, other public sector, merchandise etc. Tourism NI support cannot be included as part of the minimum income requirements.
- Events must have an overall minimum expenditure of £150,000 prior to receiving money from Tourism NI.
- All applicants wishing to apply to the International Tourism Events Fund must meet with a member of the Tourism NI Events Team before starting an application.
Funding can cover costs including:
- health and safety
- production costs
- equipment hire
- volunteer training costs
- security costs
- bidding costs
- market research
- freight costs
The list above is not extensive, so please contact Tourism NI for further information.
Applications will open in Autumn 2019.