Localised Restrictions Support Scheme | NI only
Financial support to businesses which have been required to close or have had business activities at their premises directly curtailed by health protection restrictions that have been put in place by the NI Executive
This scheme has now moved into phase 5 reflecting the restrictions taking effect from 26 December 2020 and phase 6 reflecting the restrictions taking effect from 6 February 2021. See the table on the Coronavirus: Localised Restrictions Support Scheme page for full details of the businesses that are relevant to the current phase of this scheme.
There are also a number of exclusions to this scheme. For full details of the exclusions see Coronavirus: Localised Restrictions Support Scheme.
The level of support that successful applicants will receive is based on the Total Net Annual Value (NAV) of the property from which the business operates:
- Lower rate: £800 for each week that the restrictions apply for:
- a business that is the sole occupant operating from a property with an NAV of £15,000 or less,
- a hotel, guesthouse, guest accommodation, hostel, bunkhouse, self-catering establishment or bed & breakfast with a capital value (which means it is valued as a domestic property for rates); or
- a business that is the occupier of a part of a property which is restricted with any NAV.
- Standard rate: £1,200 for each week that the restrictions apply for:
- a business that is the sole occupant of a property with an NAV between £15,001 and £51,000.
- Higher rate: £1,600 for each week that restrictions apply for:
- A business that is the sole occupant of a property with an NAV of £51,001 or more.
How to apply
You must apply using the online form for the Coronavirus: Localised Restrictions Support Scheme.
Applicants should be aware that if any information provided on their application form is later found to be fraudulent or false, repayment of funding will be required.
- Department of Finance (DoF)