Localised Restrictions Support Scheme | NI only
Financial support to businesses which have been required to close or have had business activities at their premises directly curtailed by health protection restrictions that have been put in place by the NI Executive
Businesses must meet 3 eligibility criteria:
- The business must operate from a property within Northern Ireland
- The business must fall into at least one of the following categories:
- It has been registered with, or is in the process of registering with their local council environmental health department as a business operating in one of the following categories: cafe, restaurant, hotel, guesthouse (including registered bed & breakfast) or pub.
- It operates as a campsite or caravan park for touring caravans, cinema, a museum, a gallery, a bingo hall, a funfair, an indoor amusement arcade, an indoor visitor attraction, a trampoline park, an inflatable park, an escape room, a bowling alley, or an ice rink; or close contact services that operate from commercial premises (as detailed in the Health Protection Regulations) such as hairdressers and barbers, beauty salons, day spas, nail bars and tattoo parlours.
- It is a business which has been required to close or has had business activities at their premises directly curtailed by the Health Protection Regulations.
- The business must have been open to the public and trading at the start of the restriction period set by the Health Protection Restrictions (unless the applicant business is a wet pub which serves drink only)
The following businesses are excluded from receiving support through the Localised Restrictions Support Scheme:
- Public sector bodies
- Businesses which have failed to comply with a COVID-19 prohibition notice served by the PSNI
- Off-licences and supermarkets selling alcohol solely restricted by closure times
- Premises solely restricted by latest ordering time of 11pm on takeaway orders
The level of support that successful applicants will receive is based on the Total Net Annual Value (NAV) of the property from which the business operates:
- Lower rate: £800 for each week that the restrictions apply for:
- a business that is the sole occupant operating from a property with an NAV of £15,000 or less,
- a guesthouse or bed & breakfast with a capital value (which means it is valued as a domestic property for rates); or
- a business that is a joint occupant of a property with any NAV.
- Standard rate: £1,200 for each week that the restrictions apply for:
- a business that is the sole occupant of a property with an NAV between £15,001 and £51,000.
- Higher rate: £1,600 for each week that restrictions apply for:
- A business that is the sole occupant of a property with an NAV of £51,001 or more.
How to apply
You must apply using the online form for the Coronavirus: Localised Restrictions Support Scheme.
Online applications for this scheme can now be submitted in relation to all Northern Ireland council areas.
Applicants should be aware that if any information provided on their application form is later found to be fraudulent or false, repayment of funding will be required.
- Department of Finance (DoF)