Apply to become a registered exporter if you're established in Northern Ireland
Last updated 4 January 2021
Apply to HMRC to become a registered exporter on the Registered Exporter (REX) system.
You cannot apply to become a registered exporter if your business is established in Great Britain.
Who can apply
You can apply to HMRC if you’re established in Northern Ireland and import goods under an EU preference that are not released for free circulation but are supplied to an EU country.
The REX system will allow you to issue statements of origin when the value of the consignment is over €6,000.
How to apply
You must apply for registration by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll need to include your business’s:
- contact email address
- Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) number (XI prefix)
- established Northern Ireland address
We’ll aim to reply to you within 5 days with:
- a username
- a password
- details of how to access the EU Trader Portal where you can make your application
After you’ve applied, we’ll process your application within 30 days.
Businesses in Great Britain
Your registration has been cancelled. You must replace your REX number with your EORI number for instances where:
- you would have previously used your REX number
- the UK has a continuity trade agreement that requires a REX number
- your exporting goods to countries covered by the UK’s Generalised Scheme of Preferences to be added into products that will be reimported under bilateral cumulation arrangements
After you’re registered
You can find out more about the REX system on the European Commission website.
Get help with the REX registration
For enquiries about REX system applications email: email@example.com.
If you have any questions about REX system policy email: firstname.lastname@example.org.