Apply for the IAESTE programme
Expand your business with the help of an international trainee
Northern Ireland business looking to expand in to new markets could benefit from taking on an international trainee through British Council’s IAESTE (International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience) programme.
The programme has already helped numerous business across Northern Ireland, including Derry~Londonderry firm Precision Processing Services Ltd (PPSL), which has taken on a Brazilian engineer to help the company expand in to Latin America. The student will be at the company for the next year and will carry out a feasibility study in to Brazilian markets, with the hope of the business expanding in April 2019.
The employers’ only obligation is to pay the trainee salary, while the British Council will source candidates and handle all the necessary administration (e.g. helping with UK visa and immigration application process).
Benefits of the programme
- fills skills gaps within a specific project or team
- access to a pool of 10,000 skilled trainees from over 80 countries
- stay on budget, thanks to competitive rates
- be agile, as trainees are available for short or long-term projects (six to 52 weeks)
- benefit from your trainee's local market knowledge, networks, and language skills
- build relationships with tomorrow's industry leaders and raise your organisation’s profile abroad
How to apply
IAESTE is open to Northern Ireland businesses all year round.
For more information contact Mary Mallon, IAESTE Northern Ireland at email@example.com