Importing CAP goods

Applying for a Common Agricultural Policy import licence

You can apply for an import licence by email. However, before you can do this, you need to be approved and to accept the terms and conditions of use set out by the Rural Payments Agency (RPA).

Before you can apply for import licences, you must be a registered trader. Read more about Common Agricultural Policy import licences.

When you complete an electronic application form, you'll need to provide the following information:

  • your full name and address, including member state trader registration number
  • the exporting country
  • the country of origin
  • the standard trade denomination for the product being imported - together with the combined nomenclature code and description
  • the quantity of the product you wish to import
  • any special particulars and notes

Once registered and approved you'll need to submit your licence requests by email.