Courts can issue you with Attachment of Earnings Orders (AEOs), which mean that you must take money directly from an employee's earnings. AEOs work in a similar way to Deduction from Earnings Orders (DEOs) issued by the Child Maintenance Service (CMS).
If you are sent a DEO by CMS and an AEO by a court for the same employee, in these circumstances, there are rules that govern which money you should take first.
If you cannot take the full amount for the DEO because of earlier court orders, please contact CMS.
How to contact CMS
For help or more information:
- call CMS employer helpline on 0345 713 2033
- if you have speech or hearing difficulties, a textphone service is available on 0345 713 9704
- email CMS at firstname.lastname@example.org - this is not a secure email address so do not enter personal information
The CMS employer helpline is open Monday to Friday, from 08:00 to 17:00.
The following information provides some further guidance:
- Download the schedule of payments form CSF802 (NI) (PDF, 54K).
- For child maintenance worked out on or after 3 March 2013, download leaflet CSL313 (NI) on helping employees pay child maintence (PDF, 1.24MB).
- For child maintenance worked out before 3 March 2013, download leaflet CSA2002 (NI) which provides child maintenance advice for employers (PDF, 1.22MB).