15 October 2019
Competition for new business ideas with a cash prize and business support package
Belfast City Council has launched a competition designed to find and help to fast track the best business ideas in Belfast.
The Belfast Business Idea Award differs from other awards in that it is the strength of the idea that will be assessed, rather than the achievements of the venture so far. This means that people who have yet to set up a business have as much chance of winning as those who have already started to trade successfully.
Benefits of the award
The overall winner will receive £2,500 cash plus a support package worth over £3,000. Two runners-up will also receive a support package worth over £3,000 which includes:
- nine months Innovation Factory membership (which includes co-working space and bespoke business mentoring)
- nine months free accountancy services (including software)
- a free place on the Digital Marketing Communications course at Ulster University
Who can enter?
The competition is open to:
- those who have a business idea but have not yet acted on it, those who are in the process of starting-up
- those who are in business and have been trading for less than one year
Applicants must be over 16 years old and reside within the Belfast City Council area or a have a business registered in Belfast.
How to enter
The deadline for applications is noon on 31 October 2019.
All applicants will be invited to Finalists’ Night at Danske Bank, Donegall Square West on 19 November 2019 when the three winning ideas will be announced with each winner being given 120 seconds to pitch for the overall £2,500 cash prize.