5 February 2020
Licences, certificates and special rules after a no-deal Brexit
From 1 January 2021, there will be changes to the licences, certificates and special rules to bring different types of goods into the UK.
You may need to pay an inspection fee for some goods before they are allowed into the UK.
Animals, plants, food and agricultural products
- live animals, animal products and high-risk food and feed not from animals
- live fish and shellfish
- live aquatic animals like molluscs and crustaceans
- plant and plant products, including wood and wood products
- endangered animal and plant species, and products made from them
Medicine, tissues and cells for human application
- drug precursor chemicals
- human medicine, medical devices and clinical trials
- tissues and cells for human application
Chemicals and waste