19 February 2019
Support tool, financial assistance and guidance from Invest NI to help you prepare for Brexit
Invest Northern Ireland has launched a range of support to help local businesses reduce the potential risks and maximise the opportunities of Brexit.
Get Ready for Brexit assessment tool
The Get Ready for Brexit online assessment tool is designed to help all businesses to assess how well prepared they are for Brexit, and evaluate what action they may need to take.
You will be able to:
- Score your business readiness against the areas most likely to be impacted by Brexit.
- Understand your current and future needs, create contingency plans and take actions to prepare for Brexit.
It will take you around 15 minutes to complete the tool. There are 28 questions split across seven areas:
- business strategy
- sales and marketing
- people and management
- legal and regulatory
After completing the tool, you will receive a personalised report. This report aims to help you to assess your current business position, evaluate your performance in each area and identify actions you could take and support you can access from Invest NI to help you prepare for various outcomes.
Use the Get Ready for Brexit assessment tool.
Brexit Preparation Grant
The Brexit Preparation Grant offers financial assistance to prepare for the changes and challenges presented by Brexit.
The Brexit Preparation Grant can be used to:
- Strengthen operational capability.
- Develop contingency plans to mitigate the impact of Brexit.
- Assess Brexit-related risks that could impact on your business such as: supply chains and procurement; customs, tariffs and taxation; export market opportunities; access to skills and labour; contractual arrangements; and transport and logistics.
The grant will offer Invest NI customers financial support up to a maximum of £50,000 at a rate of up to 50 per cent, to plan for the post-Brexit environment.
Find out more about the Brexit preparation grant.
Invest NI’s online Brexit support service offers advice and support through information guides, as well as, tools, case studies and online tutorials. It highlights the support available from Invest NI to help local businesses think ahead and plan for the future.
Support and advice is available across key themes including;
- business productivity
- export finance
- intellectual property protection overseas
- supply chain efficiency
- leadership capability
- business growth
If you have questions about the impact of leaving the EU, you can also submit these directly to Invest NI.
Access Invest NI's online support to help your business plan for Brexit.