News article

Brexit: Trading with the EU if the UK leaves without a deal and you’re not registered for VAT

21 March 2019

Guidance for businesses that are not registered for VAT

In the event that the UK leaves the EU without a deal, many UK businesses will need to apply the same processes to EU trade that apply when trading with the rest of the world.

This collection of guidance tells traders that are not registered for VAT what they need to do in the event the UK exits the EU without a deal.

What you need to do

You will need a UK EORI number to trade with the EU or register for simpler import procedures.

How UK businesses can prepare

Use these guides to help you prepare your business:

How businesses outside the UK can prepare

Help and support