Business innovation centres (BICs) give support to innovative businesses and entrepreneurs. They aim to help young companies survive and grow during the start-up period when they are most vulnerable. This is known as incubation.
- information about sharing premises with similar companies, such as in science parks
- advice about management, strategy and planning
- technological help
- help with finding manufacturers and markets for innovative products and services
- expert partnership and mentoring
- access to training
- access to other sources of help
The European Community runs a scheme to certify BICs, of which more than 150 are gathered under the umbrella of the European Business Network (EBN).