When purchasing business premises you will need to employ the services of a solicitor. Choose a solicitor who specialises in commercial property law. They will help you understand exactly what's in the purchasing contract and what your responsibilities will be if you sign it.
Buying property: solicitor duties
A good solicitor will:
- make sure the seller has a good title to pass on to you - in other words, that everything about the ownership of the property is in order
- negotiate and obtain the best terms for the contract
- carry out searches to check if there are any problems with the property
- satisfy your bankers or other lenders that the property is a good investment
- complete your purchase as quickly as possible