The surveyor's role is to carry out a survey which assesses the value and structure of the property you want to purchase. It is wise to have a full structural survey carried out, so that there are no nasty surprises later. A full survey will reassure any mortgage lender that the property is a sound investment. Small business property guide: valuations.
What can surveyors and solicitors help with?
Surveyors and solicitors can also help you with:
- deciding if the building suits your purposes
- negotiating the sales contract
- making sure that the business rates are fair
- advising you if you want to make alterations or improvements to the property
- negotiating the right level of insurance cover and, if you ever have to make a claim, they will work with the loss adjuster - see insure your premises
Structure your business
Name your business
Register your business
Choose your premises