Catapult centres are not-for-profit, state-of-the-art facilities funded by Innovate UK in order to encourage economic growth.
They are technology and innovation centres where UK businesses, scientists and engineers can work together on research and development (R&D).
Catapults help businesses access:
- knowledge and technical expertise
- cutting-edge equipment, infrastructure and facilities
- funding and strategic networking
- new opportunities for market growth
These Catapults centres are currently in operation across the UK:
- Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult
- Compound Semiconductor Applications Catapult
- Connected Places Catapult (merger of the Future Cities and Transport Systems Catapults)
- Digital Catapult
- Energy Systems Catapult
- High Value Manufacturing Catapult (itself a network of seven centres)
- Medicines Discovery Catapult
- Offshore Renewal Energy Catapult
- Satellite Applications Catapult
Catapult centres are open to all businesses, large and small, wishing to undertake R&D activities and commercialise traditional academic research.