23 November 2018
Is your business ready to seize the opportunities of the coming transport revolution?
Through the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF) the government has identified four grand challenges:
- Future Mobility
- Clean Growth
- Ageing Society
Connected Autonomous Transport (CAT) covers all of these challenges - by developing and demonstrating safe, efficient, integrated and interoperable connected and autonomous transports systems for movement of people and goods.
Invest NI are holding a workshop to help local businesses to begin conversations on CAT. This will allow attendees to identify partners that they might be able to work with to deliver this complete, interconnected and secure system for our transportation, trade, energy and society - focusing on the local context and defining priorities:
- What’s the vision for Northern Ireland?
- What are our challenges?
- What are the opportunities?
- How do we achieve our vision?
- Do we need a demonstration site?
- Research – what’s needed, how is it funded?
- Innovation – what do we need, how is it funded?
- How is it delivered and how are solutions brought to market quickly?
- Network – Collaboration, partnering what’s needed?
The event will include speakers from the Department for Infrastructure and Translink.
Date: Tuesday 11 December 2018
Time: 12:30 - 16:00 (tea and coffee included at registration)
Venue: Invest NI, Bedford Square, Bedford Street, Belfast