20 May 2020
These programmes aim to guide local businesses through the challenges posed by the COVID-19 crisis
Derry City and Strabane District Council has announced specially designed programmes to guide local businesses through the unprecedented challenges posed by the COVID-19 crisis.
Financial Management for Non-Accountants Programme
This programme is aimed at owners and managers who want to know how to analyse their financial performance and how to plan for the future.
There will be one-to-one mentoring and three compulsory workshops:
- Understanding your business’s costs and how to manage these
- Managing cash in a turbulent world
- Accessing finance from external sources
The closing date to apply for this programme is Friday 22 May 2020.
Business Reboot Programme
The Business Reboot Programme challenges owner-managers to ‘think outside the box’, to embrace innovative ideas and to adapt their business model to reflect the 'new realities' of life.
You will receive one-to-one mentoring and there will be two compulsory workshops:
- Preparing to embrace change in your business
- Driving change to achieve the best results for your business
The closing date to apply for this programme is Friday 29 May 2020.
Tourism, Hospitality and Retail Support Programme
This programme is aimed specifically at businesses in the tourism, hospitality or retail sector who are seeking ways of consolidating and rebuilding their businesses in the coming months.
It provides access to bespoke one-to-one mentoring and there are three compulsory workshops:
- Assessing the current position of your business - positives and the areas for improvement
- Enhancing your profile in the eyes of prospective customers….even when they are not buying
- Planning for the future - what now for your business?
The closing date to apply for this programme is Friday 5 June 2020.
Get Your Business Online Programme
Get Your Business Online is aimed at helping businesses to establish or increase their presence online.
It involves a one-to-one chat and four workshops:
- Getting your business online
- Setting up a small business website
- Social media fundamentals
- SEO, analytics and pulling it all together
The closing date to apply for this programme is Friday 12 June 2020.
For each programme, your business must be based in the Derry City and Strabane District Council area and employ less than 50 people.
First published 20 May 2020