Coronavirus: Childcare Temporary Closure Support Fund - October to December 2021 period
The COVID-19 Childcare Temporary Closure Support Fund has been extended for the period October to December 2021
The COVID-19 Childcare Temporary Closure Support Fund will provide continued support for childcare providers who have had to close temporarily due to a COVID-19 related incident within their provision.
Those eligible to apply include registered childminders, daycare providers, school age childcare providers, crèches and playgroups who are registered and have been operational during the period 1 October 2021 to 31 December 2021.
To be eligible for this fund, you must have had to temporarily close childcare provision fully, or in the case of a childcare setting, had to close a room or rooms due to:
- a COVID-19 positive case which has impacted provision; or
- being unable to comply with staff child ratios due to Public Health Agency (PHA) self-isolation guidance
The level of funding you may be eligible for will be dependent upon:
- meeting scheme eligibility requirements, including notifying your HSC Trust of closure and refunding parent/carer fees;
- the type of setting in which you operate;
- your application demonstrating adherence to the current PHA guidance and how that may impact upon your provision
How to apply
If you have informed your trust of a closure, you will receive a link to apply, please email within 10 working days. If you do not receive a link by then, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Years will approve payments within 20 working days of a fully completed application being submitted. However, if further clarification is required from the applicant, the Trust or the Public Health Agency, there may be a further delay.
Find more information about the COVID-19 Childcare Temporary Closure Fund.
Deadline for applications
Applications must be submitted by 4pm on Friday 21 January 2022. Late applications will not be accepted.
First published 23 November 2021