17 April 2020
Small grant scheme for the Northern Ireland sports sector
NOTE: Sport Northern Ireland has suspended new applications to the Sports Hardship Fund pending confirmation of additional funding.
Sports clubs and sporting organisations from the voluntary and community sector, which are unable to receive support from other government coronavirus mitigation funds, will be able to apply to Sport NI for a small grant of £2,000.
The grant will help with immediate financial commitments to maintain their facilities during the COVID-19 restrictions.
A budget of £750,000 has been allocated up to 30 June 2020.
Who is eligible?
Any organisation delivering sport and physical recreation can apply if experiencing short term financial hardship. These organisations include:
- National Governing Body of Sport (based in NI)
- constituted local sports clubs affiliated to a Governing Body of Sport recognised by Sport NI
- community and voluntary sector organisations that deliver or enable sport and/or physical recreation
- small charitable trusts that do not qualify for financial help elsewhere
What is covered?
The fund has been developed to help sport and physical recreation organisations meet their obligations, particularly fixed costs, which are no longer supported with revenue as a result of coronavirus. This might cover expenditure on:
- utility costs
- essential ground maintenance
Each successful applicant will receive £2,000 for costs incurred from 1 April 2020.
How to apply
Find more information on the Hardship Fund and apply online on the Sport NI website.
First published 15 April 2020