19 May 2020
European funding for innovative and rapid health-related approaches to respond to COVID-19
The European Commission has launched new COVID-19 call in Horizon 2020 Health. The call aims to support innovative and rapid health-related approaches to respond to COVID-19 and to deliver quick results for society for a higher level of preparedness of health systems.
The call focuses of four broad areas:
- social and economic impacts in health (and mental health) of the outbreak response
- pan-European COVID-19 cohorts united against the pandemic, infected and non-infected
- manufacturing adaptability and resilience to improve industrial systems response, recovery and preparedness for vital medical supplies and equipment
- medical technologies, digital tools and artificial intelligence (AI) analytics to improve surveillance and care
The opportunities are listed below with more details available on the Horizon 2020 Participant Portal:
- SC1-PHE-Coronavirus-2020-2A Repurposing of manufacturing for vital medical supplies and equipment
- SC1-PHE-Coronavirus-2020-2B Medical technologies, Digital tools and Artificial Intelligence (AI) analytics to improve surveillance and care at high Technology Readiness Levels (TRL)
- SC1-PHE-Coronavirus-2020-2C Behavioural, social and economic impacts of the outbreak response
- SC1-PHE-Coronavirus-2020-2D Pan-European COVID-19 cohorts
- SC1-PHE-Coronavirus-2020-2E Networking of existing EU and international cohorts of relevance to COVID-19
Closing date is 11 June 2020.
First published 19 May 2020