Coronavirus: Skills Focus Programme fully funded until March 2022 to help local employers

News article

Skills Focus Programme will be fully funded until 31 March 2022 to help local employers upskill their staff in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic

Skills Focus is a skills development programme funded by the Department for the Economy (DfE) and delivered across Northern Ireland by the six further education colleges. It aims to help local businesses upskill their staff. The Skills Focus programme is available for SMEs with fewer than 250 employees. Businesses can now access free upskilling for their staff, including those who are furloughed.

Skills Focus: 100 per cent funded
Initial funding for the scheme had been at 75 per cent with businesses making up the other 25 per cent. However, this 25 per cent cost to businesses has been removed, initially until 31 March 2021, to support companies throughout the pandemic. This has now been extended until 31 March 2022.

Courses, with accredited qualifications, are delivered by the local further education colleges across a range of areas including customer service, health and social care, leadership and tourism.

See further details on the Skills Focus Programme.

First published 6 May 2020