1 May 2020
HM Treasury and HMRC are setting out new timelines for tax policy consultations as a result of COVID-19
The government is extending deadlines to a number of consultations and calls for evidence currently underway by three months.
The extension will give all stakeholders, who are facing disruption due to COVID-19, more time to submit their views and allow them to fully engage with these documents and contribute to the tax policy-making process.
The government is grateful for responses already received and would welcome further early responses from stakeholders where possible, to support its continuing consideration of these issues.
- Plastic Packaging Tax: Policy Design – Now closing on 20 August 2020
- Preventing abuse of the R&D tax relief for SMEs: second consultation – Now closing on 28 August 2020
- Tackling Construction Industry Scheme abuse – Now closing on 28 August 2020
- Notification of uncertain tax treatment by large businesses – Now closing on 27 August 2020
- Call for evidence: raising standards in the tax market – Now closing on 28 August 2020
- Tax treatment of asset holding companies in alternative fund structures – Now closing on 19 August 2020
- Consultation: HMRC Charter – Now closing on 15 August 2020
The government’s position on publication of tax policy documents will be kept updated through the public consultations tracker.
First published 1 May 2020