There are organisations who provide assistance and services for victims of domestic and sexual violence and abuse in Northern Ireland. Many of these also offer advice, training and resources for employers.
The following organisations are specialists in the area of domestic and sexual violence and abuse:
- The 24 Hour Domestic & Sexual Violence Helpline is a 24/7 support resource for women and men – Tel: 0808 802 1414 (calls are free from all landlines and mobiles).
- The Rowan Sexual Assault Referral Centre offers 24/7 support and services for anyone who has been sexually abused, assaulted or raped. Contact Tel: 0800 389 4424 (calls are free).
- Nexus NI offers counselling, education, training and outreach in relation to sexual violence.
- Women’s Aid NI provides services to women and children affected by domestic and sexual violence and run awareness and education programmes.
- The Men’s Advisory Project NI provides counselling and support services to men experiencing domestic abuse.
- The Rainbow Project works to improve health and wellbeing of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in Northern Ireland and provides services including counselling and family support.
- Victim Support NI provides information, support and services regarding domestic violence.
- Relate NI provides relationship and family counselling and domestic violence and abuse services.
- The Police Service of Northern Ireland offers information and advice regarding domestic abuse. Domestic abuse related crimes can be reported to the PSNI on Tel: 101 or online. In an emergency call 999.
- The NHS offers online information and advice regarding domestic violence and abuse. Local hospitals, GPs and other NHS services can help with injuries and health issues related to domestic and sexual violence abuse. Call 999 for emergency medical attention.
- The NSPCC is responsible for child protection and offers guidance on reporting safeguarding concerns. It also provides Childline - free telephone advice and counselling service for children and young people, Tel: 0800 1111.
- Action on Elder Abuse provides information and support across the UK, including Northern Ireland. They provide a helpline for advice Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00 on Tel: 080 8808 8141.