County Antrim business support
County Antrim business advice and support
Whether you are starting a new business or growing an existing one you will, at some stage, need business advice or support. There are several organisations offering business advice and support throughout County Antrim:
- Enterprise Northern Ireland gives advice to both start-ups and existing businesses that are looking to grow. They also administer the NI Small Business Loan Fund.
- Invest Northern Ireland (NI) provides advice and support to local businesses. They can help businesses finance projects that would be beneficial to the region, sometimes through grants. They can also advise on other methods of financing - find out more about Invest NI opportunities and support.
- Local district councils also provide support and advice for start-up and existing businesses. The councils in County Antrim are Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council, Mid and East Antrim Borough Council and Belfast City Council.
County Antrim enterprise agencies
Antrim enterprise agencies provide business improvement programmes, County Antrim networking events and support business growth. They are:
- Antrim Enterprise Agency
- Local Economic Development Company (LEDCOM)
- Mallusk Enterprise Park
- Ballymena Business Centre
- Carrickfergus Enterprise
Belfast City Council also has five local enterprise agencies.
Northern Ireland business support finder
The Northern Ireland business support finder is a searchable database that can help you find publicly-funded and not-for-profit sources of assistance you may be eligible to apply for. Support may be available in a number of forms, including financial assistance and free or subsidised advice services. There may also be specific initiatives to help with starting up, managing or growing a business.
You may need to seek specific legal or financial advice from a solicitor or accountant - search for a solicitor using the Law Society of Northern Ireland's directory.
If you need to seek the advice of an accountant you can search for an accountant with Chartered Accountants Ireland.
For further information see hire professional services.