Explore new export opportunities in Portugal
Join Invest Northern Ireland along with an in market trade adviser to hear “on the ground” market experience and gain a better knowledge of the Portuguese market and the opportunities that exist for you.
You will also have the opportunity to discuss your prospects for exporting to this region with the in market adviser.
Meetings will be allocated and confirmed with you in advance.
Opportunities in the Portuguese market:
- One of the lowest operational cost bases in Western Europe.
- Competitively priced locations and facilities are readily available.
- Good infrastructure and communications.
- The country has come from a dependence on traditional industrial activities to a more diverse, high-tech economy and has seen significant growth in automotive and components, electronics, energy, pharmaceutical and Information and Communications Technology (ICT).
- Strong technology investment through hubs in local universities, particularly for healthcare and Information and ICT.
- In recent years, there has been a strong focus on the development of the start-up ecosystem. Lisbon, in particular, is becoming one of Europe’s largest start-up hubs, with some international media coverage comparing its start-up scene to San Francisco or Berlin. The Web Summit coming to Lisbon (since 2016) is a good example that the city is increasingly well positioned on the international level.
- Same time zone as the UK.
- English widely spoken and accepted as business language.
- latest information on the business environment and trade opportunities in the market across a wide range of sectors
- advice on your business prospects in the region
- information on key regulatory and legal aspects of trading in the region
- opportunity to meet with in market advisers and Invest NI’s Europe team
- information on Invest NI’s Trade Support for the region
- to meet with Invest NI Director for Spain and Portugal
- to meet with Invest NI’s In market adviser for Portugal
- Date: 27 November 2018
- Time: 08:45 registration then 1:1 meetings
- Venue: Crowne Plaza Hotel, Shaw's Bridge, Belfast
If you are interested in attending the seminar, and meeting with the country expert, please email Melissa Cameron to confirm your attendance, and request a 1:1 meeting.
To note, 1:1 meetings will be allocated on a first come first served basis, and may be limited depending on availability.