2 March 2020
Opportunity for businesses to travel to key markets between February and July 2020
The next round of Innovate UK's Energy Catalyst Programme is due to launch in June 2020.
Up to £20 million will be available to support businesses to develop innovative, sustainable energy technologies and business models to address the clean energy challenges in Sub-Saharan Africa and South/South East Asia.
To support the technology funding, Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) is organising fully funded brokerage visits to:
- South Africa - February 2020 (applications closed)
- Senegal - March 2020 (applications closed)
- Nepal - April 2020 (applications closed)
- Vietnam - April 2020 (applications closed)
- Rwanda - May 2020 (applications close 6 March 2020)
- Nigeria - May 2020 (sold out)
- Uganda - May 2020 (applications closed)
- Togo - June 2020 (applications close 20 March 2020)
- Ghana - June 2020 (applications close 13 March 2020
- Malawi - July 2020 (opening soon)
- Zambia - July 2020 (opening soon)
The aim of these visits is to help those interested in applying for the Energy Catalyst Round 8 to gain an understanding of the energy access issues in specific countries, and find links to potential partners who would be interested in submitting an application.
With each visit, participants will be able to:
- attend a pre-visit briefing to learn about the market, how to pitch and improve their business
- find out about local opportunities through access to NGOs, local businesses, academics and governments
- get help with their applications from EEN and Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN)
A maximum of 12 companies can be taken on each of these visits, so places will be allocated on a competitive basis.