Entrepreneurship Week 2020: In conversation with David Johnston from OutsideIn
David Johnston of OutsideIn talks about his experiences of starting as a young entrepreneur and growing his business
This Global Entrepreneurship Week, Entrepreneurial Ambassador, Eleanor McEvoy talks to rising stars of local business about their start-up journey.
David Johnston of ethical clothing business OutsideIn talks to Eleanor about learning about homelessness and his passion for helping people in that situation. He turned that into a business which gives back to those experiencing homelessness and helps customers to become involved in the process.
He discusses aspects of his start-up journey, including:
- finding a start-up idea from a personal passion
- starting the business from home and moving to new premises
- focusing on the customer in the brand aims
- finding the right price point for the intended market
- how online sales have expanded his markets internationally
- how to adapt to changing business circumstances
- how personal resilience has helped to keep a focus on the overall strategy
Our Entrepreneurship interviews are part of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2020 - find events happening in your area.