Entrepreneurship Week 2020: In conversation with Stephen Henderson from Ruach Music
Stephen Henderson, founder and CEO of Ruach Music, discusses how he became a young entrepreneur
This Global Entrepreneurship Week, Entrepreneurial Ambassador for Northern Ireland Eleanor McEvoy talks to rising stars of local business about their start-up journey.
Stephen Henderson of music instrument manufacturer Ruach Music talks to Eleanor about spinning a business out of a love of music, the challenges of growing a business in a global sector, and how to elevate brand awareness with big name customers.
He discusses aspects of his journey including:
- finding a business idea through personal interests and skills
- weighing life-defining decisions whether or not to pursue going into business
- the benefits and challenges of a small business interacting with big global brands
- being flexible in the face of both opportunities and setbacks
- thinking strategically about the margins via direct online sales versus using distributors
- engaging in overseas markets and understanding different customers' needs
- working with mainstream artists to gain feedback on new products and enhance brand awareness
Our Entrepreneurship interviews are part of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2020 - find events happening in your area.