Entrepreneurship Week 2020: In conversation with Yolanda Cooper from We Are Paradoxx
Yolanda Cooper, founder and CEO of We Are Paradoxx, discusses what inspired her to become an entrepreneur
This Global Entrepreneurship Week, Entrepreneurial Ambassador for Northern Ireland Eleanor McEvoy talks to rising stars of local business about their start-up journey.
Yolanda Cooper of beauty business We Are Paradoxx talks to Eleanor about finding inspiration for a business idea in an unexpected place, following through with market research to confirm a gap in the market, and finding the right support to take the next steps.
She discusses aspects of her journey including:
- finding a start-up idea in a 'lightbulb moment' of personal experience
- ensuring that it was a truly original idea through patent searches
- finding local support to take the idea to proof of concept stage
- following unexpected business directions as she investigated the wider market
- opening international markets and adjusting for trends in a Covid world
- cherishing the rewards of working for herself
Our Entrepreneurship interviews are part of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2020 - find events happening in your area.