EU Exit: Support for hauliers from the Trader Support Service
Hauliers are urged to register for the Trader Support Service to help navigate the changes from 1 January 2021
The Trader Support Service (TSS) is here to help hauliers and carriers get ready to move goods into and out of Northern Ireland from 1 January 2021.
The transition period after leaving the EU ends on 31 December 2020. From 1 January 2021 goods moving between Great Britain and NI will be subject to new declarations procedures.
Hauliers and carriers will need to complete safety and security declarations for all consignments moving from GB to NI.
Benefits of the Trader Support Service
The TSS is ready to support businesses with the new processes that take effect on 1 January 2021.
It is critical for hauliers or carriers to register in order to ensure you are not delayed at the port, and can continue to carry goods for your customers.
The TSS will enable you to:
- prepare for the changes to safety and security declarations, as well as others
- complete declarations quickly, without the need for specialist advice or software
- ensure quick departure when you arrive at the port, by having the required documentation for check-in
Are your customers ready?
As part of your commitment to great service, you need to make sure your customers are ready too. The required declarations will only be able to be processed if your customers have also registered with the TSS.
The TSS will help you and your customers prepare for the changes that will affect your business.
Free training and advice
By registering, you and your customers will have access to free training and advice from the Northern Ireland Customs & Trade Academy (NICTA), including:
- downloadable how-to guides to lead you through the new requirements, including incoterms, declaration data requirements and goods tariff classifications/commodity codes
- a jargon buster to help you navigate the terminology of GB:NI trade
- a comprehensive training course programme delivered in virtual classrooms to give you the skills and expertise you need
Act now and register your company for free today so that you are ready in time.
First published: 8 December 2020