Exporting CAP goods


The Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) is a European Union (EU)-wide market mechanism designed to ensure specific agricultural goods produced within the EU remain competitive, fairly priced and in regular supply. The scheme uses a system of refunds and levies to maintain pricing levels and availability.

If you want to export or import licensable goods or claim refunds you must be registered with the Rural Payments Agency (RPA), which manages the CAP schemes.

This guide explains CAP export licences, applying for a Common Agricultural Policy export licence and refunds under the Common Agricultural Policy.