1 May 2019
DAERA has published a handy set of questions and answers on exporting animals and animal products from Northern Ireland
Exports of live animals, eg cattle, sheep, cats and dogs, and animal products, eg meat, milk products and germplasm, must be accompanied by an Export Health Certificate (EHC) signed by an authorised veterinarian.
The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has published a set of frequently asked questions and answers to customer queries on the process for exporting. This includes:
- online applications via the DAERA Export Certification Online (DECOL) system
- EHC form completion
- common live animal and pet export queries
- common milk and milk product queries
- meat and meat product exports
- milk and milk product exports
- live animals including cattle, sheep, poultry, and horses
- animal products including hides, skins, Germplasm and table eggs
- balai, zoo and exotic animals
The portal also includes updated guidance on the implications of Brexit on exporting animals and animal products.