Your business must have a suitably stocked first aid box. There is no set list of items to put in a first aid box as it depends on what you assess your needs to be.
The following is an example list for minimum stock of first aid items in a workplace with low hazards:
- a leaflet giving general guidance on first aid
- 20 individually wrapped sterile plasters (assorted sizes), appropriate to the type of work (you can provide hypoallergenic plasters, if necessary)
- two sterile eye pads
- four individually wrapped triangular bandages, preferably sterile
- six safety pins
- two large, individually wrapped, sterile, unmedicated wound dressings
- six medium-sized, individually wrapped, sterile, unmedicated wound dressings
- a pair of disposable gloves
You shouldn’t keep tablets and medicines in the first aid box.
Make sure you tell your employees where the first aid box is and put up notices to let everyone in your workplace know where to find it.