Free workshop: Design for export
Get design insights to drive your export success
A study by the Design Council shows that 80 per cent of design-led companies have penetrated new international markets in the last three years. The average in the UK is 42 per cent.
It is clear that design can help companies to overcome some of the barriers to bringing products and services to an international audience.
Invest Northern Ireland is organising a free design workshop in November for any company considering exporting for the first time, or aiming to improve their export strategy.
The workshop will focus on some of the key steps and design considerations you should take as part of your planning.
The event will cover:
- an overview of the export opportunity
- the importance of branding/naming/story
- logistical factors - packaging, transportation and routes to market
- cultural implications, language considerations and messaging strategy
- raising awareness of intellectual property (IP), international trade marks and legislation
There will be opportunities to talk to professionals and experts in the design arena, as well as Invest NI staff explaining Innovation Vouchers, IP and other support options that could help move your business forward.
Date: 7 November 2018
Time: 08:30 to 11:15
Venue: Titanic Belfast