27 December 2018
Apply for a share of up to £1.5 million to evaluate innovative medical devices and products
Up to £1.5 million is available to support developers of innovative medicines, medical devices, diagnostics and regulated digital technology to evaluate their product in a real-world clinical setting.
You can choose from two options:
- planning and preparation for a study - project costs can be up to £50,000
- a study to collect clinical performance and cost-effectiveness data - project costs can be up to £250,000
The competition, funded by the Office for Life Sciences in partnership with Innovate UK, aims to provide support for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to generate an evidence base that will enable the evaluation of products that address NHS priorities.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- reduce cancellations or unnecessary appointments in primary and secondary care
- reduce the number of people that need to use A&E services
- improve patient safety and avoid patient harm
- speed up diagnosis, such as improving the scope of lower cost diagnostic imaging
- enable earlier diagnosis of cancer
- support the management of long-term conditions, such as diabetes, chronic pain management, cardiovascular disease, asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
You can work alone or collaborate with others as unfunded partners or sub-contractors. Only the lead partner can claim grant funding.
The competition closes for applications on midday Wednesday 30 January 2019.