9 July 2018
Explore new export opportunities in Canada
The Go Canada programme will highlight the increasing opportunities for Northern Irish firms in Canada, in light of the signing of the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) between the EU & Canada in 2017.
This programme is specifically designed to help Invest NI companies develop their exports and win business in Canada.
- population of 36 million – 90 per cent of whom live within 200km of the United States border
- similar business culture to Northern Ireland and its consumers and businesses buy similar products
- an affluent, high-tech industrial society with a market oriented economy, low inflation and high living standards
- as part of the North American Free Trade Area, Canada can provide a springboard into the huge US market and the Mexican market
- overall, Canada ranks 18th out of 190 in the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business rankings
- Canada ranks in the world’s top 5 producing countries for almost all mineral resources and boasts the world’s third-largest oil reserves
- the construction industry is estimated to grow by more than three per cent annually to 2020
- Ontario – Particularly Toronto is a sector for Fintech growth. The Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX), is the world's ninth largest equity exchange in terms of market capitalization
Benefits of Participation
- 1:1 consultancy support from the Invest NI team in market
- individual tailored market research
- group workshop to address common export issues with Regional Director Michael Barton
- group workshop to develop an individual export sales presentation
- a four day group visit to Canada involving qualified meetings with potential customers or partners
- four nights hotel accommodation
- guidance on a follow-up action plan on how to develop the opportunities
Cost of Participation
Total cost to companies will be £1,000 plus VAT to participate on the Go Canada Programme, which includes four nights accommodation in the group hotel. Companies will be responsible for their own flight arrangements and will receive 50 per cent assistance towards flight costs up to a maximum of £400.
For further information on the Go Canada Programme please contact Regional Director Michael Barton on 001 416 593 1290 ext 6236 or by email at email@example.com or Trade Executive Jamie McCloskey on 028 9069 8684 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.