12 March 2020
European support for game changing, market creating innovation and deep tech SMEs to scale up will increase in March 2020
A significant increase to the European Innovation Council (EIC) Pilot budget is expected to be adopted by the European Commission in March 2020.
A one-off EIC Accelerator call for ‘green deal’ start-ups and SMEs is expected, with grant funding of up to €2.5 million (at 70% of costs) with an option of equity investment of up to €15 million.
Applicants will need to demonstrate how their innovation contributes to the goals of The European Green Deal:
- increasing the EU's climate mitigation and/or adaptation ambition
- supplying clean, affordable and secure energy
- transitioning of industry to a clean and/or circular economy (including waste prevention and/or recycling)
- building and renovating in an energy and resource efficient way
- accelerating the shift to sustainable and smart mobility
- transition to a fair, healthy and envrionmentally friendly food system
- preserving and restoring ecosystems and biodiversity
- realising a zero pollution ambition and a toxic-free environment
Additional opportunities for companies with women CEOs (or equivalent positions) is also expected, to ensure 25 per cent of all finalists in the EIC Accelerator Pilot are women-led companies.
The cut off date for applications is 19 May 2020.
For more information on applying to the EIC Accelerator you should email email@example.com.