30 June 2020
IETF Phase 1 grant funding will make £30 million available for feasibility and engineering studies and for industrial energy efficiency deployment projects
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), in collaboration with Innovate UK, has launched Phase 1 of the Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF).
The fund will support businesses with high energy use to transition to a low carbon future, and to cut their bills and emissions through increased energy efficiency.
Up to £30 million Phase 1 funding for England, Wales and Northern Ireland is available in the form of a grant scheme for:
- deployment of mature energy efficiency technologies that improve industrial process energy efficiency and reduce energy demand
- feasibility and engineering studies for projects deploying mature energy efficiency technologies or deep decarbonisation technologies
The IETF Phase 1 competition will open on 20 July 2020 and will run until 28 October 2020, subject to the COVID-19 situation.
Find more details on the IETF and how to apply to Phase 1.
IETF Phase 1 stakeholder events
Briefing webinars on IETF Phase 1 are being held on 14 July 2020 and 20 July 2020. Each webinar can accommodate up to 500 delegates and is designed to help businesses prepare applications, find out more about the types of projects they can apply for funding for, join up with other technology providers, and to be ready for the when the competition opens.
The briefing events will include an opportunity to:
- hear about the scope of the competitions in more detail
- network online and develop partnerships for the competition via breakout sessions
- speak with BEIS and Innovate UK online for one to one discussions about the competition
The webinars will benefit a number of organisations and professionals including:
- manufacturing companies
- data centres
- energy efficiency and decarbonisation innovators and professionals
First published 30 June 2020