6 February 2020
Innovate UK is looking for innovative SMEs in mobility, sustainability or housing
Innovate UK is looking for innovators whose expertise, approach or technology might help address some of the major challenges faced by UK cities.
As part of their Domestic Missions pilot programme, they are looking to bring innovators and cities together at a mission event in March or April 2020 to help you to:
- better understand the urban challenges
- start talking to the local authorities to see how your business can get involved
- meet potential future collaboration partners and other innovators
- find out how to collaborate well with city authorities
- learn about specific procurement routes and funding opportunities
12 challenges are being hosted by five cities across the UK, namely - Bristol, Nottingham, Exeter, Cardiff and Derry~Londonderry. Key themes of these challenges are:
- climate change and renewable energy
- housing and homelessness
- smart grid
- cars - parking and electric vehicles
- live music
- sourcing food locally
Each mission event will take place in the city that is hosting the challenge. To register your interest, you must apply by 14 February 2020.
If you're successful, Innovate UK will invite you to a business preparation workshop and then to events in the suitable city or cities.