Licences - Export, Trade Control and Transhipment



If you export military or dual-use items that are controlled for export purposes - either because they are listed on a UK Strategic Export Control List, listed in a specific Sanctions List or controlled under the End-Use Controls - then you will need to apply for an appropriate licence from the UK's Export Control Joint Unit (ECJU).

There are a number of licence types which you may be able to use to export your items. You need to be aware of the different types and adhere to any relevant terms and conditions.

In this guide you can access more information on the types of licences available - open general licences, standard individual export licences, open individual export licences, global project licences, trade control licences and transhipment licences.

    • Department for International Trade ECJU Helpline
      020 7215 4594