6 August 2019
Support videos, webinars and an online forum to help businesses with Making Tax Digital
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) plans to transform the tax system within the next two years by Making Tax Digital (MTD). The aim is to create a tax system that is more efficient, more effective and easier for taxpayers.
VAT registered businesses
From April 2019, VAT registered businesses with a taxable turnover above the VAT threshold of £85,000 (including self-employed and landlords) have to:
- keep their records digitally (for VAT purposes only)
- provide their VAT return information to HMRC through MTD compatible software
Businesses can join a HMRC Making Tax Digital webinar. The webinar will provide an overview of Making Tax Digital, including:
- digital record keeping
- compatible software
- signing up for Making Tax Digital
- working with agents
- submitting VAT returns directly from the business
Making Tax Digital webinars
- Friday 23 August, 10:00 – 11:00
- Wednesday 4 September, 14:00 – 15:00
- Friday 13 September, 10:00 – 11:00
- Thursday 26 September, 12:00 – 13:00
- Friday 27 September, 10:00 – 11:00
The HMRC Online Customer Forum is also a good place to go if you’ve got a question about VAT. See what others are asking, ask your own questions and receive responses from the experts.
VAT registered businesses are encouraged to watch this short HMRC video to help understand Digital record keeping for VAT.