26 July 2019
£30 million fund for projects that focus on the use of industrial digital technologies
UK manufacturers wanting to adopt the latest digital technologies will be able to bid for a new £30 million R&D competition from the UK Government's Industrial Strategy.
The Manufacturing Made Smarter Challenge will:
- provide a collaborative and cross-sector approach to digital technology R&D and innovation to boost UK manufacturing productivity and competitiveness;
- encourage the cooperation of small, medium and large scale companies throughout the UK supply chain to develop new digital capabilities and knowledge to become the recognised global leader in the application of industrial digital technologies such as data analytics, immersive technologies, connected environments and the Internet of Things; and
- provide the platform for digital technology companies to engage directly in manufacturing.
- Your project’s total eligible costs must be between £250,000 and £10 million
- If your project’s total eligible costs or duration fall outside of our eligibility criteria, you must provide justification by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 10 days before the competition closes. A decision will then be made whether to approve your request
- Projects must be collaborative and involve an SME
- You must start your project on or before 1 December 2019 and end by 31 October 2021
- Projects can last between 6 months and 2 years
KTN is running a briefing webinar on Tuesday 30 July 2019 to explain more about the Challenge and the opportunities it affords.
Closing date and further information The competition closes on Wednesday 28 August 2019.