18 February 2020
National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates will increase from 1 April 2020
Employers should be aware that all minimum wage rates increase on 1 April of each year. This includes all National Minimum Wage rates and the National Living Wage rate. The new minimum wage rates will apply to eligible workers in Northern Ireland from 1 April 2020.
Minimum wage - increased rates from April 2020
The minimum wage rates will increase on 1 April 2020 to:
- National Living Wage (25 years old and over) - £8.72 per hour
- National Minimum Wage adult rate (21 to 24 years old) - £8.20 per hour
- National Minimum Wage (18 to 20 years old) - £6.45 per hour
- National Minimum Wage (16 to 17 years old) - £4.55 per hour
- National Minimum Wage (apprentice rate) - £4.15 per hour
Read more on National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates.