1 April 2020
National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates increase from 1 April 2020
Employers should be aware that all minimum wage rates increase on 1 April of each year. This includes all National Minimum Wage rates and the National Living Wage rate. The new minimum wage rates apply to eligible workers in Northern Ireland from 1 April 2020.
Minimum wage - increased rates from April 2020
The minimum wage rates increased on 1 April 2020 to:
- National Living Wage (25 years old and over) - £8.72 per hour
- National Minimum Wage adult rate (21 to 24 years old) - £8.20 per hour
- National Minimum Wage (18 to 20 years old) - £6.45 per hour
- National Minimum Wage (16 to 17 years old) - £4.55 per hour
- National Minimum Wage (apprentice rate) - £4.15 per hour
Read more on National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates.