New guides on applying for Innovate UK funding
Innovate UK, UK's innovation agency, has published two new guides to help businesses and research organisations compete for government-backed innovation funding.
The first guide explains what businesses should do before they start their application. It provides a sort of a roadmap to building a strong business case to help your project succeed.
The guide offers four questions to ask yourself, including:
- Is there a big enough market for your innovation?
- Is your innovation work leading?
- Is it at the right stage of development?
- Does it represent good value for public money funding it?
The second guide discusses how Innovate UK assesses funding applications. It tackles some common questions such as:
- Who assesses the applications?
- Is every application treated the same?
- What is the assessment process?
- Do you get feedback on your application?
- What is a 'portfolio' approach?
For more detailed information, you can also read Innovate UK's comprehensive online guide on Business innovation: what funding you can get and how to apply or find their list of live funding competitions.
First published 21 October 2020