News article

New Management KTP opportunities

7 November 2019

Find expertise to help your business improve its management capability

Innovate UK has introduced a new Management Knowledge Transfer Partnership (MKTP) funding programme to help businesses transform performance through effective management.

The programme runs alongside the original Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) scheme, which has been helping companies innovate for growth for over 40 years.

How does Management KTP work?
The MKTP works in the same way as a KTP. It links you with one of the UK’s knowledge bases (eg a university or college) and creates a dynamic 3-way partnership between your company, a team of academic experts and a skilled graduate.

The difference with a MKTP is that it focuses specifically on management-based projects, aiming to increase effectiveness and improve results through better management practices.

Funding a MKTP
Innovate UK provides a 67 per cent grant towards the project cost of a MKTP for small and medium-sized businesses. Your SME is expected to cover the remaining 33 per cent. Like KTPs, Management KTP projects can last between 12 months to three years.

The first round of MKTP funding competitions opens on 12 December 2019 and closes on 19 February 2020 at midday.

Find out more about the MKTP.

MKTP information events in Northern Ireland
Ulster University and Queen's University Belfast are hosting information and networking events to tell businesses about the new MKTP funding programme and give them an opportunity to meet with a specialist KTP adviser.

The following event dates and locations are available:

Ulster University
Date: Friday 6 December 2019
Time: 13:00 - 14:30
Where: Room 03G06, Ulster University, Jordanstown campus, Belfast.
Register here

For further information about this event, contact Ulster University’s Knowledge Exchange Manager – KTP, Amanda Fullerton,

Queen's University
Date: Friday 13 December 2019
Time: 8:30 - 10:45
Where: Glenavon Hotel, 52 Drum Road, Cookstown, BT80 8JQ
Register here

Learn more about Queen's University KTP programmes.