Proof of Concept grant for innovative port technology
Techstart and Belfast Harbour have launched a new competition to give one local tech startup a £75,000 grant to develop new tech solutions for the harbour
The competition aims to deliver new technology-based solutions to help support employees at the port, with a specific focus on:
- supporting lone workers – through solutions based on tracking workers, biometrics, or improving safety of lone workers in dangerous situations
- integrating the Internet of Things (IoT) devices into the port – focusing on industrial applications in areas such as productivity, equipment maintenance, asset tracking
The winner of the competition will get:
- a £75,000 proof of concept grant to explore the tech idea
- access to Belfast Harbour to build and test the technology
- a support package from BT that includes access to its 5G network
Applicants should be pre-commercial start-up teams or individuals, who would benefit from a working understanding of Belfast Harbour and existing tech solutions on the market.
Find out more about the £75,000 Proof of Concept grant competition.
The closing date for applications is 17:00 Tuesday 20 October 2020.
An information session was held on Wednesday 23 September. You can watch a video recording of this session on YouTube.
First published 25 September 2020