Rural Connected Communities project workshop
Join a workshop to help define the Rural Connected Communities project
As part of the 5G Testbeds and Trials (5GTT) Programme, the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) is designing the new Rural Connected Communities (RCC) project.
The project aims to build the business case for rural mobile connectivity (including 5G) by:
- identifying and testing demand-led coverage models
- testing a range of innovative technical solutions and commercial approaches
- building and proving demand through new 5G use cases
In preparation for the project, DCMS is working with UK5G innovation network to organise five UK-wide workshops this month, including one in Belfast on 24 June 2019.
The workshop is open to organisations and businesses who may be interested in taking part in Rural Connected Communities projects, including:
- technology vendors
- network providers
- local authorities and other public service delivery bodies
- other organisations involved in the development, trialling and usage of applications, products and services
You can now express your interest to attend the workshop in Belfast. This doesn't guarantee an automatic place at the event - you will receive a separate confirmation email if your place has been accepted.
At the event, you can expect to hear about the latest thinking on RCC project design and get an opportunity to provide your own insights and meet potential partners. The insights gained from the workshop are expected to lead to a funding competition later in the year.